Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time to Fly

So Today's the day. We seem to be packed for the most part, but there is a little bit of last minute running around going on. Wendy's flight leaves just before 3 and mine is just after, which works out kindof nice because normally I wouldn't be able to pass security to see them off. Well I guess normally I would be on the plane with them, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do right?

I'm told that I some of you have asked if I can post again like I did on the last trip. I don't expect to have as much free time as I did in London, but I'll try my best. It's really a fun way to communicate with wendy while I'm gone anyway. If it's anything like the Bucharest trip it will have to wait until I return. It should be pretty interesting, if busy. I get into Madrid mid-morning on Sunday, so I should have most of the day to explore before the rest of the contingent arrives. Monday we set up a simple demo in town before securing for the night and travel to a town called Zaragoza about 3.5 hours to the north east by car. Tuesday will be our most full day as we set up the most complicated system in Zaragoza before tearing down again and driving back to Madrid for a meeting on Wednesday morning. Details get a little fuzzy after that, but the plan is to head back to the states on the following Saturday.

Wendy and the kids figure to be gone a little longer. A flight to California for a week or so with the extended family before taking a leisurely RV drive back to NY with the grandparents. Wendy is hoping that her mom and dad are up for some adventure on the way back. I have suggested Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, a dip in the Great salt lake in Utah, and a visit with some old friends in Iowa. Beyond that I'm drawing a blank. They will be driving through several states to which I have never been, so I'm not much help. I-80 will probably be their primary route home, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Wendy figures to have limited Internet access one she leaves CA, so she may not post until her return, but if you leave suggestions before next weekend she should be able to see them and put them in place before they leave.

We pray for safety during our brief separation and will appreciate your prayers as well.

No comments: