Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time to catch up

So I have been pretty busy the last couple days. They are on a much different schedule here in Spain than anywhere else in the world that I have been to this point (more on that later) which makes for some very long days. Each day since I arrived I have woken up at around 7 a.m. and gone to bed at around 2:30 the following morning. So you will understand If I have not been diligently posting. My trip to Romania a few months ago was similarly busy, and my strategy was to post upon my return to the states. As it turns out I never got around to it and now those pages in my diary may have been lost forever. It just comes out so much better when the events are fresh in my mind. It looks like I may have some time today to catch up on the posts, so I will do so, treating each one as if I were just copying notes that had been taken down on paper along the way.

On Wendy's front, she arrived in Cali on schedule and in good spirits. The trip seemed to be an easiy one for her. either that or she was just trying to put on a happy face for me so that I wouldn't be worried about her. we actually arrive at our respective destinations within 30 minutes of each other... that's kinda cool considering the distances we traveled in opposite directions. we have been in contact at least once daily since our departures. we hope to continue that for the duration of the trips.

No comments: