Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More news for everyone...

We've made some more changes around here. I am now feeding Autumn by bottle. I was giving her breast milk that way because she was really struggling with nursing and it was getting both of us very stressed. However, my OB called yesterday, after getting the results back from the culture they took when I was in last Friday, and said I need to stop breastfeeding....because they switched my antibiotics to a stronger one and the baby doesn't need that. I needed a stronger antibiotic because the one I had was not working for the bacterial infection I have, which is MRSA. I saw them today (all three actually came into the room to see me) and they said not to worry, this one will work. They all agreed that the incision seems to be healing well, but we just need to knock out this infection. I am to call them if there are any changes for the worse, but I really think I'm over the worst of it. I have not had any chills since last week, no fever, and I am able to get around better every day. Actually, the itching of the incision is the most bothersome for me right now.....and the fact that I still can't pick up my Emma, which neither of us is happy about. I'm afraid she's going to stop wanting me to hold her before I can actually pick her up again. If that happens I will be very sad.

Autumn is doing pretty well with the bottle, and her sleeping patterns are getting better...though she is a bit of a fusser at night. I'm sure we'll soon get that under control. Otherwise she really only cries if she's hungry or has a messy diaper....and she's not the biggest fan of a bath, but I bet that will change as she gets bigger.

Tonight we are hosting our first of a weekly Life Group for Logan's age group. He signed up for this Wednesday night group.....he'll meet with 8-10 kids plus a couple of youth leaders for a bible study each week. Apparently the family who was planning to host cannot do it and Logan volunteered us....which is fine. We've been wanting to get involved in the church in some other way besides Sunday attendance. So now we are the hosts.....only having to provide a place to meet. Karl may need to step in occasionally to help lead, but otherwise the youth leaders cover that. The parents will be rotating each week to bring snacks, but this week (since it's the first) we are providing snacks. I hope we got enough....I really don't know how much 8-10 middle school kids will eat and drink. I'm excited for Logan...this should be a great opportunity for him to make some close friendships....and for us to get to know some folks in the church.....as well as the very important fact that they will be studying the bible.

No comments: