Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Random thoughts for today....

Several years ago, when we still lived in Central Florida, our VCR finally broke. We had a LOT of VHS movies that we gave away or sold in a yard sale because we already had a DVD player and were not going to buy a new VCR. Amongst those were many Disney movies as well as most of the Veggie-Tales movies that were out at the time. We had LOVED watching those with our kids! My intent was to replace them with DVD's. However, I never did....we have 2-3 that we've been gifted over the years, but that's it. Anyway, I keep saying I'm going to buy them but I never do. Well, now I don't really need to. The library has tons of them that Corbin has discovered. He comes home with two or three each time we visit the library....and Emma enjoys them too. It's fun to watch and remember seeing them with Logan and Hailey....and I'm so glad my next two are getting a chance to enjoy them as well. Maybe by the time Autumn is old enough to watch I'll actually have bought a few more!

Today is a gray day, though the sun is beginning to peek through the clouds. We have all had breakfast, done chores, and are now just lazing around....reading, watching Veggie-Tales, and playing video games. Logan spent some time on the computer at a new web site.........here....that he saw on the back of one of his Lego magazines. After many weeks off he's 'into' his Lego things again. Hailey is still reading through the dragon books she got from the library. Corbin has been playing with Emma, watching the movie, and watching Logan play his video game....alternately. I took Emma outside and let her play in a mud puddle, in her jammies.....gasp! She loved it. ;)

I was thinking of taking the kids to the library again today...but I'm not sure I have the energy. I could do it, but I don't know if I want to. Karl is working in Miami today, and it takes all I have to get everything done here when he's gone...it's not so much the extra child (though sometimes that is hectic) but more that I am still limited in what I can do....no lifting Emma, no heavy cleaning or laundry, etc. And if I do more than I should I get tired and sore...so I try not to do too much at once. Karl has been wonderful...very helpful and accommodating....doing all that he can to make things easier on me. Thanks, darlin'!

No comments: