Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Newest ultrasound results..

I had yet another ultrasound today...at 37 weeks...and it showed that baby is about 8 lb. 12 oz. I know the technician can be off by around a pound either way, but I have to admit I am amazed that she seems to be so large. Obviously, as already stated, we will be having a c-section. I wouldn't be comfortable trying it any other way at this point, just in case she is bigger than estimated! We've been there....done that......and have no need or desire to revisit that experience. I think the only thing bothering us now is the fact that they will not schedule a c-section before 39 weeks...which is fine if I go into labor on my own soon. (though we are a bit concerned just because my deliveries tend to move quickly) I just can't imagine that it is good for any baby to wait that long....when it is probable that she will be pushing 10 lbs. or more by then. But, I am not a doctor, so I have to trust that they know what they are doing. I can't imagine that I'll go that long anyway, since I never have, but only God knows.

All prayers are coveted for the safety of mama and baby when delivery does happen, as well as the steady hands and minds of the doctors involved. We can't wait to see her. That's one of the fun things about having all of these ultrasounds lately....we have seen her face several times and it makes me long to meet her now more than ever. We are told she has lots of hair, and besides being so large, looks fantastic. I'm hoping all those cute little baby clothes I have will fit, since she's going to be so 'grown' at birth. ;)

No comments: