Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 4, 2010

Surprise visitors (not!)...and a doctor visit

Today my parents arrived. They were supposed to have left their house in AL this morning, but I was not a bit surprised when my mom called at about 8 this morning to tell me they were almost here....typical of them to change their plans, which is just fine with me! ;) After some help navigating to get them on the right track (they had taken a wrong turn) they were here within the hour. The kids were thrilled, as was I, and we spent the day just hanging out together. Emma warmed up quickly to both Nana and Pawpaw...and absolutely loved spending time outside with her PawPaw. It's gonna be a great time for her, and all the kids, to have two extra adults to lavish attention on them. And it will definitely be a bonus for Karl and I as well....who couldn't use some extra help with the kids? I think Mom and Dad will be happy to hit the hay tonight though, as they drove all night to get here....so it will be kind of any early night for them. I'm looking forward to talking and visiting some more tomorrow. I've missed my mama.

I went to my weekly doctor visit today. The baby's heart rate was great. I was actually having a contraction while my doctor was listening to the baby and she said it's a great sign to hear such a strong heartbeat during a contraction...as that indicates baby is handling things well, which we love. I am dilated a bit more, 2cm, but still not 'in labor'. I haven't really had any other regular contractions like I did last week...just a few here and there. But, things are starting to happen. Now that my parents are here I'm happy to go anytime....no worries now except the birth itself. I am 37 weeks tomorrow, which means I'm considered full term. They will not schedule me for delivery before 39 weeks (let's hope I don't go that long!) but they will go ahead with the c-section if I end up going in with real contractions or if my 'water' breaks. Having someone in the house now to be with the kids, so we can just leave as soon as needed, eases my mind A LOT. I was worrying quite a bit about leaving them all here for an extended period of time without an adult present. Karl's parents would have been on their way but we didn't really know how long it may take them to get here....so, now things are settled. We will definitely let people know once the baby makes her arrival...and I'm sure my mom will make some calls once we even head to the hospital. Just waiting now.....God knows the perfect time, so I'm trying to wait patiently. ;)

No comments: