Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 22, 2010

First visit to the OB

I had my first appointment with my OB today and I really like her. She was extremely nice and took a lot of time to talk with me about all of my pregnancies, any complications, and concerns we needed to address for this pregnancy. I feel really good about choosing her for my doctor and I think it will be a great few months working with her. She did an ultrasound so I did get to see the baby and his/her little heartbeat. No matter how many times I've seen it, I'm still amazed.....it's a tiny little life!

I have another visit on April 19 and will also take an early glucose test then....to check my blood sugar levels. Since I had gestational diabetes during my last pregnancy I am more likely to develop it this time, so they're going to check me earlier as well as doing the one they normally do at about 28 weeks. I'm going to be following my 'diet' from before from now on (actually, I've been trying to stick to that already) which will help keep by blood sugars level and hopefully control the size of the baby....it worked with Emma so it should do the trick this time too.

Right now my biggest issues are nausea and fatigue....and the nausea isn't that bad. Things could be much worse....I've been very blessed that I don't get sick (so far!) during my pregnancies, just nauseous for a few weeks. I can handle that, and it should be over in a few more weeks anyway. As for the fatigue....I get so tired. I am taking my prenatal vitamin and I'm trying to eat healthfully, so I believe it's just another of those adjustment things that will improve in a few weeks. I am going to try to start having some rest times in our day though....just need to figure out how to get in the rest, the homeschooling, and all the chores! ;)

That's it for now. I'll be back with more news sometime soon.

No comments: