Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Nice Day

Today was a beautiful day....after two days of solid rain and wind it was so nice to see the sun! We had our usual late waffle breakfast, then after Emma's morning nap decided to get out of the house. We went to Five Guys for lunch....our first time there and I LOVED the food. Definitely a new 'place to go' on my list. Afterwards we went to Boynton Beach, which isn't too far from us. We were hoping to stop at one of the parks there (which is directly across from the beach and has public parking) and let the kids play, but there was not a single parking space...a busy day at the beach, apparently. We drove around for several minutes hoping someone would be leaving, and we just missed a couple of cars pulling out, but no dice. We promised the kids we'd go back another day during the week when not many people will be there. They were disappointed but handled it well. We ended up just driving up A1A looking at houses and the beach. It was a beautiful drive. I would love to live beach side and have that view and breeze every day....just a little bungalow would do...I don't need a mansion. ;) A fun few hours together...

Upon our return Hailey and I headed back out to Old Navy and Target. She needed an Easter dress, the boys needed new polos, and I needed clothes to wear, period. My 'regular' ones are getting too tight pretty quickly. I don't know if it's because it's the 5th baby, or if it's because I was pregnant so recently that my body just hopped back into baby mode, or what...regardless, I was getting low on things to wear so the shopping had to be done! We had fun, and we did find Hailey a dress and the boys some nice shirts. We got back just in time for me to make dinner...Chili Verde with rice, a salad, and corn tortillas. It's one of my new favorite meals, but I just found out that I'm the only one who likes the corn tortillas, so I'll have to serve flour ones as well next time to appease the others. After putting Emma to bed at 7:15 we are all now just sitting in the living room reading and relaxing. I'm tired after shopping!

We will go to church tomorrow morning. We were attending the Saturday night service but decided that we have to start getting ready to go too early....due to chores, dinner, getting dressed in nicer clothes. It's just easier to get right up Sunday morning (at least right now) and go. I'm looking forward to hearing the 2nd message in the new series Reach. Here's a link to the first one if you're interested....

No comments: