Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, November 5, 2010

And so it continues....

Wow, things change quickly. After seeing the doctor earlier in the week I thought everything was fine. However, when my incision (beneath it actually) began to look red and feel hot again, I called the OB. She had me go in to see her this morning...and she said the infection is back. She actually sent me to an infectious disease doctor, to find out if he thought I needed another round of Bactrum or a stronger IV antibiotic. We're going with the IV antibiotics....14 days of office visits to have antibiotics 'infused' into my IV. They are leaving the line in......it's covered to stay clean and dry while I'm home. The good thing is, the office is open every day so I can go on the weekends too...which will help since Karl is the one staying with the babies when I am not here. This is causing quite a disruption to his work (and to our family in general) but we have to do what's necessary. More prayers are sought on our behalf. Thanks so much.

No comments: