- getting a call and the automated voice on the line asks me to hold
- speaking on the phone with a representative for a company and being treated rudely
- a peripheral line in the arm for an extended period of time
- when one of my children decides to tell me "No" in her cute little toddler voice...cute, but still annoying
- my husband can call the same company and get business done quickly...VERY annoying
- The Cat in the Hat cartoon on PBS.
All of these things are balanced out by the following:
- I feel no shame when hanging up on an automated voice.
- The peripheral line is my 'life' line...helping rid me of this infection.
- When my 20-month-old tells me no, I can just as easily tell her "yes" and she will (usually) comply.
- The TV channel can quickly be changed to something we enjoy much more (maybe even to OFF).
- My husband is 'the king' and I can use him to get things done when others don't listen to me...I love that man!
By the way...the true King is Jesus and He is ultimately the One who helps me realize these 'annoyances' are helping me to grow in my Christian walk and to rely more fully on Him.