Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 1, 2010

Infection Update

My visit with the OB today went well. Though I am still having some pain it is normal....not from any remaining infection. Apparently the 'lump' is quite common and I have one on each side of the incision...it's just the left side that hurts. My doctor said the pain will gradually lessen and that by about 8 weeks postpartum the 'knot' (as she called it) should be gone. As far as the incision goes, things look great. All infection is gone....no redness, drainage, or chills remain. I'm thankful that the antibiotics did their job and I can now stop worrying about that part of my recovery...and move on to just letting my body heal. Thanks for the words of encouragement and prayers. ;)