Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 29, 2010

Too long away and other ramblings...

I was doing so well...just haven't seemed to be able to find much time for writing.

We had a good week for Thanksgiving. Karl was off all week so that was great. We spent the week with his family. We drove back and forth with Emma and Autumn...despite the 3 hours in the car each day it was still easier than trying to pack all of us into one bedroom each night. The oldest three kids got to stay with Grandma and Grandpa and visit with them and their aunt, uncle, and cousins. I think they really enjoyed that, and it was fun for us to see them each day too. We ended the week with an Auburn football win, hot wings, and pie. On to the SEC championship we go!

I started my diet today....vegetarian...until Christmas, then I'll take a hiatus again until the New Year probably. Well, not really a hiatus. I plan to continue to eat as healthfully as possible, but I also plan to indulge in some of my favorite holiday foods. I'm using the book Eat to Live, and just discovered this web site, too. I used the book several years ago and lost 7 pounds in one week. I'm hoping I can get the same results this time. I'll also be checking out the web site to see if it can help me.

I took Logan shopping for jeans last week...did not go out on Friday....I enjoyed that before I had kids and have gone a few times since too, but I was with family and I wasn't planning to drag 5 kids around from store to store anyway. I had checked all the kids clothing needs a couple of months ago, but somehow missed that his jeans and pants were all too short. So, we went to Old Navy and got three pairs of jeans and a pair of dress pants. Those should get us through the terrible winter here in Florida. I was tempted to go out to Old Navy at midnight Thursday (that's when they opened).....I do love their clothing.....but I resisted. I opted for the few hours of sleep I get each night.

No comments: