Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

His ways are not our ways...

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.

There are many plans that I've made in my life. I have always been a big planner...and I still prefer to know what is coming. However, I have learned to go with the flow a little better than I used to (still a work in progress, though!). I have learned that often, my plans do not include the best things for me...even though I may think they do. God knows what is coming, what His plan is, and even though when I look at what is happening, it may seem 'messed up'....He has designed my life perfectly. He orchestrates everything to work for my good...even if others' intentions are not so good or at least were without His counsel. Just because I've learned these things, that doesn't mean I don't still have moments (or days or months!) where I struggle with His plan. I do ask why...I do shed tears....I do sometimes feel helpless and even hopeless. But I so trust my Lord. He is the one who has made such changes in me...He is the only one I can credit for any good found in me. My successes are all because of Him and my failures...well, those are all me.

Once again (it seems like I am constantly needing to learn this lesson...) I am at a place where I am questioning, wondering why, and just having to trust that His plan will prevail...despite how things may look. I can ask why this is His plan, or is it His plan, but ultimately I have to let things go....and let God. So please keep me in your prayers. We are enjoying our new addition and she is doing well...the family is doing well overall, so no need to be worried. I just need some support through prayer and I'm asking my faithful readers. Thank you...I know you all really do remember to pray for me and I am so grateful.

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Of course! Thank you for sharing.

How come I often think we are in the same place, but in different states ;)

{{HUGS}}