Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 8, 2010

Our weekend

Yesterday, it took over two hours for about a quarter of my antibiotic to 'drip' into my IV, so we suspected there was a problem. It should only take about an hour for all 250 ml. After speaking to the nurse and trying several different things with no change, she instructed us to just be done for the day and that she would replace my IV tomorrow (today). She put in a larger one this morning and the 'drip' is working just great. When she removed the old one she showed us the 'problem'.....the catheter was folded over, so not allowing the fluid to go anywhere. She said it must have gotten pulled somehow and that's what caused the issue. Anyway, now things should go better.

We've been having cooler weather this weekend. It was in the high 40's Friday night, in the 50's Saturday night, and has been cool and windy during the days....enough for us to enjoy wearing jeans. Real football weather. We watched a little football together, celebrated Auburn's 10th win of the season, and generally enjoyed a relaxed weekend.

I tried watching yesterday's church service online but I eventually lost connectivity. I plan to try again today. Karl dropped Logan off at the church for his service then picked him up when it was over. Logan did not want to miss a week....he loves church and I'm so glad. The others would have liked to go but aren't old enough to be on campus without parents also on-site. Hopefully things can get back to 'normal' around here soon.

Please continue to pray for me and my family. The stronger antibiotics appear to be working....my concern now is will this eradicate the infection or will we have to deal with a reappearance? I'm trusting that God will have favor on us and that this will put an end to it. Thank you for your continued concern for me and mine....I love you all and am so thankful for my friends and family, near and far.

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Oh Wendy,I'm praying that you will heal quickly! I'm sorry that you have this infection...I'm so glad that you have Karl and the kids to watch over you!!

Thinking of you!! Sending {{HUGS}}