Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 15, 2010

It's been too long...

While Emma is still napping, Hailey and Corbin are playing Bumparena, and Logan is finishing up his last table activities I thought I would try to squeeze in a bit of blogging. We've been spending a lot of time trying to 'catch up' a with our school work. A move and the holidays can take a toll....so that's my excuse for not writing lately.

The weather has been nice the past few days but a little chilly. We actually ran the heater for the last 2-3 nights. We've been able to have the windows open some during the day though to let in the breeze and sunshine...it's been great. I can' wait until we can wear shorts every day and get out in the warmth...I love the feel of the sun on my skin! Don' worry I won't stay out long, and if I do I'll wear sun screen. ;)

It looks like we won' be moving right away, though you never can tell with us. I have to say it's a bit of a relief. I know it'll come eventually, but it feels good to know we can stay put for a few more months at least. Karl spent a few days in Miami last week and he says he's in no hurry to move...the traffic there is pretty bad, so the drive even from nearby (he is told) is at least 45 minutes. He figures, why trade an hour of straight driving on the Turnpike for 45 minutes of stop-n-go traffic in town? I must say I agree.

Emma is up to a few new things. She has cut another tooth in the front on the bottom and I also noticed this morning that she has a new bud in the back left, a molar coming in. In addition to that, she has learned how to crawl really well and can now pull up to stand without much of a problem. We do have to make sure whatever she is using is sturdy so she doesn't hurt herself. She likes to play with her siblings, and loves her Daddy. I'm training her to respond to the word "no". She doesn't like it when I tell her that, but she's doing pretty well with listening. We want to keep her off the stairs, so I started with that. It was the toughest because we've been letting her play there and climb the bottom couple with us behind her. It's always more work to 'break' someone of a habit they've already formed. Other things seem easier but we're just starting. I am amazed though at how much she already understands. She's still a very happy baby and brings joy to all of us each day!

It's time to get lunch ready for everyone, so I'll end here. And I'll try not to be so long again before I return.

No comments: