Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 8, 2010

More things to ponder...

I've been doing some soul-searching, seeking God's best for my life, and trying to instill His word and promises in my heart to build myself up in Him. God-confidence...as it is a daily struggle for me to have self-confidence. One of the things I've found to be true in my life is this quote by Emerson.

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are always detractors. There will always be people who disagree with me and try to tell me how to run my life. I'm sure it's that way for many others. Those who de-value others in that way, I think, do so because they have their own agenda that they'd like us to follow. Some are overt, others are subversive. Those people take away joy...and that's where I need to do some work, so that I don't allow them to be joy-stealers. My head knows where my value lies and what God has called me to do, but it often takes a while for my heart to catch up....words and actions hurt, even if not intentional. Lying hurts....I know from experience on both ends. And words need to match actions....or they really don't mean much. Words are just words until you put them into practice. Obviously, I need to live this as well. And I need to truly learn from where my value comes.

Some scriptures that I am meditating on:

1 Samuel 16:7....The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Psalm 147;10-11-....His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Any suggestions for scriptures that will build up and help me combat the whispers of the devil, and to hear those of Jesus?




1 comment:

really.truly said...

Yep, we are pondering the same things ;) Can't wait to catch up with you once I've stopped our "mad packing frenzy".