Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Prayer and Praise

I have a precious friend who has suffered a great loss. Please pray for her and her family as they grieve. I wish I could do something to take away her pain, but I can't. I know only God can do that. He can and will wrap them all in His arms and lift them up during this heartwrenching time.

I woke up this morning at 5:15...the third day in a row that I've awakened during the 5 o'clock hour. I decided today that I would not get up....I had a song in my head, so I just lay in bed singing (in my head so I wouldn't wake Karl) and praying for my friend. After checking with some friends on FB today (thanks ladies) I was able to discover the name of the song, and even put it on my playlist, so now it will be on here for all to enjoy. I also have a friend who was able to tell me the scripture reference for the words in the song. A couple of years ago the kids and I memorized it for the Bible portion of our schooling, and I guess I've since forgotten a lot of it. Anyway, the scripture passage is below:

Isaiah 53 (KJV)
1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.


Here is a link where you can listen to the song and watch a video (which I think is from Passion of the Christ).

I'm not really sure why I woke up with this on my mind, but I so love this song. It helps me to remember what He went through and that it was so He could heal me that He suffered through it. I hope these verses and the song and video can be a reminder to others as well.

No comments: