Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 1, 2010

Rainy days and video games

Yesterday and today were rainy, cool, days so we've spent most of our time inside. We did go out to lunch yesterday, but otherwise haven't ventured out. The kids have been entertaining themselves with MarioKart and the Star Wars games on the Wii. Karl spent a lot of time reading and writing for his classes, and I spent a lot of time reading but I also got a few chores done that I've been meaning to get to. I had Hailey and Logan wash the play kitchen utensils, dishes, and foods since Emma will be able to use them soon. Then I put them all in a storage bin and placed it in our 'play' room. Once she's walking I figure I'll bring the kitchen in too...right now it's stored in the garage. Corbin also still likes to 'cook' for me so maybe they can play with it together. Another thing I've been needing to do is go through Emma's clothes to remove all the ones she's outgrown, so I did that over the weekend as well. Believe me, she still has plenty to wear! We do need to get more jammies....just a few light-weight, long-sleeved ones with feet. Silly as it is, I'm still worried she'll get cold at night if she doesn't have her legs covered. Once spring is here she'll be able to just wear a onesie to bed.

Today we got up late, caught up on a bit of school, and now the kids are playing on the Wii and having snacks, and I'm blogging (soon to be doing more reading). Have to think about preparing dinner soon, but not yet....need just a few more minutes.

1 comment:

really.truly said...

My boys played Mariokart(wii) today too! Sounds like a nice day.