Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nothing much

I don't really have a lot to share today. We've been working hard on our schoolwork so I've had minimal time on the computer, much less time for blogging. We've been spending our nights watching the Olympics, American Idol, etc. Karl was in Miami for work yesterday and today, so he stayed overnight last night. I can't say that I ever like being here without him but I have at least learned how to deal with it....and I'm not fearful like I used to be (at least most of the time). He got home about an hour ago, so the family's complete again. It was only one night but we all miss him tremendously when he's gone!

Emma has been a fusser lately...I'm blaming it on new teeth, and also I think a little frustration that she can't walk where she wants to go yet. She is standing, and can cruise along furniture, but she is a bit wobbly and will cry if she feels like she's falling. Poor baby, I guess she'll get over that as her balance improves. She's a real cutie though...she loves her siblings and laughs out loud at their antics. I love it! We're planning for her birthday soon...she'll be one year old on Monday. I can't believe it! We still have to go get a gift for her...haven't made a decision yet about what to get her....but we already have her cake. Since it's her first and she can't tell us what she wants, I decided to go with my favorite...chocolate with chocolate icing. I still don't know if I'll make the icing or if I'll just buy a tub, but either way it will be good along with some vanilla ice cream. I can't wait to see her face! I'm sure Karl will have his camera at the ready, so maybe we can actually get some pictures on here for all to see...I know it's been so long.

I think that's all I have for today....man I'm so behind on my 'blogging every day' goal. Oh well, life happens I guess and I just can't fit it all in. You all understand that, right?

No comments: