Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bus-y-ness and the birthday boy

We've been very busy around here this week....school work, cleaning, date night, birthday preparations....Logan's 12th birthday is tomorrow.

A while back I found a recipe for a chocolate cheesecake in a magazine and tore it out to save for 'someday'. Logan happened to see it sitting on the counter and asked if I would make it for his birthday, so 'someday' came sooner than I had planned. My mom got me a spring form pan several years ago, and I had never used it (wanted to but didn't make the time) until last Christmas. I decided to make a chocolate chip cheesecake for our Christmas Day dessert. It was delicious! There's not much better than homemade cheesecake in my opinion. I used it again not too long before we moved to make a pumpkin cheesecake to serve to some frends. Very tasty! So today, Logan and I used it for the third time to make the chocolate cheesecake. It's cooling right now and I'll put it in the fridge before we go to bed. I cannot wait to enjoy it with the family tomorrow. We will be taking everyoneto IHOP for breakfast...we let the birthday child choose to go out for one meal on their birthday if they like, and he chose breakfast. We'll secret his gifts with us to open there. Then, for dinner Karl and I will make chili (with meat!) again at Logan's request. I bought stew meat to add to it. We made it once before and it turned out very well, so here's hoping. I'll serve cornbread and maybe some roasted broccoli with Parmesan cheese as a vegetable.

I can't believe he's turning 12...seems like just yesterday I went to the doctor's office for my regular visit and they sent me to the hospital for 'observation'....which turned into birthing our first baby 6 weeks early. I'm still so amazed at how blessed we were (and are). He's healthy, funny, smart, kind, and has a special heart for God. Happy birthday my sweet boy!

No comments: