Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My last chance workout

Today, I watched the rest of The Biggest Loser from Tuesday night. I decided to do this while I was working out on my elliptical trainer. Not so sure it was the best idea, for my emotional well being....;)

This machine is tough....the elliptical is hard work and I was watching all these people who are way heavier and more out of shape than me do things that I know I couldn't do. I felt like it was my last chance workout, as the trainers call it on the show. Although all I had to do was the cardio....no one was standing next to me shouting, cursing, or making me haul them 20 feet with a rope. I am constantly amazed by the difference this show makes in the lives of its contestants. Obviously, taking off the weight makes a huge difference in their ability to live life to the fullest and to just feel better. But there are so many emotional changes, mental blocks, that are broken on 'the ranch'. I love the show....aside from all the yelling and foul language, mostly coming from Jillian.

I wish I could take any number of weeks to just focus on myself, my baggage, my wrong thinking without having any other responsibilities. My entire life would change! However, I don't have that luxury, so I continue to try working on those things at home. Sometimes it's tough to get in that thinking and reflecting time....time to pray and seek God's best for me, to read the bible. I do believe that my life can still change, that I can live "life abundantly" as God promises. That's what Jesus came to give me, that's why He died for me....not just so I can go to heaven but so I can begin to live like Him while I'm still here on earth. I am a constant work in progress and I have had many failures. I can only keep asking His forgiveness and continue to give Him my best each day. Often, it's not my best but He loves me anyway. I'm so glad He doesn't tell me this is my last chance workout....with Jesus there's always another chance to try to get it right.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! This is such an inspiring post - and one I really needed to read this week. I never comment, but I love your FB posts and catching up with y'all on your blog. :-)

Unknown said...

thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes I get contemplative...;)I'd love to hear more form you, but I understand that a lot of folks just read the blogs...I do that myself. Glad you visited today...I'm sure I'll see you again soon somewhere in the cyber-world.