Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 7, 2010

More photos, please

I have a cyber friend. I know I've mentioned her here more than once. Her name is Melissa and I am in awe of her...her baby is beautiful, her photos are beautiful, her posts are beautiful (and funny!). I want to be like her when I grow up. Seriously. I just really love her blog. I visit almost every day because I know she's going to have some great photos, she'll make me laugh out loud, and she's always got great tips about.....everything. You should check out the link.

Today's post at her site is about organizing photos on your computer. Pretty interesting stuff, and worth doing something about. Fortunately for me, I have a husband who already does something very similar with our digital photos to what she does. Reading that post got me thinking about something that I've actually been considering quite a bit recently. I need more photos on my blog! I'm not as accomplished as Melissa is at capturing great moments, nor as artsy. However, I want to be able to share those moments from our lives that others would enjoy seeing. As a blog reader myself that is one of the things I love about blogs....the photos. I so enjoy reading about the people and places, but if there's a photo that just makes the whole article for me. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. My problem has been that 1) I couldn't find the cable I needed to plug into my computer to transfer photos so I could upload them and 2)I've now LOST my camera! Actually, several months ago. I think I lost it at the zoo in NY and we never made it back there to check the lost and found before moving. Who knows? Someone may have found it and now has a nice digital camera. Thankfully it wasn't one of the most expensive ones, but it cost enough.

So begins my quest to find a new digital camera for one camera-illiterate lady. I am saving my pennies....and I'm going to start researching to see what is good but not too costly. My husband can help me I'm sure because he is somewhat of an amateur photographer himself. I guarantee he'll help me pick out the right one. However, suggestions are welcome. Once I find it, watch out! I have dreams of beautiful photos pasted all over this blog. It'll be great....:) Until that day comes, I'll just keep reading my friends' blogs and drooling over their ability to post pictures.

No comments: