Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A day in the life

Another day of home school is done. We had a few rough spots, getting used to how this curriculum works for each kid I guess. Overall, I would say we were successful. I'm hoping tomorrow will run even more smoothly and continue to do so as each day passes. We still need to add in typing and Spanish, plus we haven't done math this week yet either....waiting until I get caught up with the grading from the weeks the kids were with my parents. But, I know we'll get it down eventually.

The weather here has been chilly....we're expecting to get down to about 32 degrees tonight. The owners of all the orange groves are a bit worried I think, because a 'freeze' can kill the crops and then they have a lot of loss to deal with. Maybe it won't do too much damage. Watching the news was amusing though because they were showing how people are going out "in droves" to buy cold-weather gear because it's going to be so cold. ;) I agree that it's cool, but your perspective changes once you've experienced the real thing in New York, I guess.

Karl has gone out to get a few groceries...isn't he a sweetie? He offered to do it when I told him I would need to go out after dinner. I'm recording The Biggest Loser, so when he gets back we'll watch the season opener (well I will, Karl will probably do school work). He's almost done (with his classes) and he's so excited....really we both are....because he's been so busy for the last year and a half. He's not had much time to just relax when he's home. Hopefully that will happen once he graduates in March.

I used my elliptical trainer again today and Corbin remarked, "That looks like hard work." I had to laugh. It is hard work, especially when you're out of shape! But, I enjoyed my workout anyway.

I have to pick out a cute onesie for Emma to wear on her birthday. A blogging friend, whom I've never met in real life, is going to create a design to put on the front of the onesie. She made one for her daughter and it was so cute! When I asked her if she'd do one for me and how much it would cost, she just told me to send the top with a postage paid envelope inside and she'd do it for free. Isn't that sweet?! So, I need to get it mailed out soon in order for her to get it done by Emma's birthday. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Pictures will be posted so you'll all get to see too.

Well, gotta tuck the kids into bed and get ready for Karl's return. I told him he didn't need to get me anything sweet, but I'm hoping he did anyway. I changed my mind after he left but when I tried to call him I discovered he forgot his phone. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: