Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, January 8, 2010

Family Fun Night, and other important things

Today was an off day...we did go to the library but alas, brought no books home, because Mommy forgot the needed piece of mail the library requires for issuing cards. So, we may go back tomorrow to get a card and some books. Hailey and Corbin played outside the majority of the day, and Logan spent a good portion of his time out there as well. I think it got up to 70 and the sun was shining...a beautiful day to be outdoors. Emma and I even had to venture out for a stroll.

Tonight was our Family Fun Night, something we just instituted in the new year due to a request by a child in our household. We thought it was a great idea. There are plenty of times during which we have 'fun' with the family, but having a designated day to spend doing something specific as a family was appealing. The first two have been movie nights....I think next week we'll play games, and I hope to go out bowling one evening, too. We ended up having fried chicken, some fried potatoes (I know, not healthy, but we have it so rarely!), Cuban bread, and carrots with dip. We all put Frank's Wing Sauce on our chicken...it was delicious. For dessert and our movie snack we had two different pies to choose from....Key Lime pie from Publix, which is THE BEST, and Chocolate Cream pie. Everyone but me chose the chocolate...I just had to have the key lime. It was a nice evening with the family and I'm looking forward to next week already.

I'm yawning continuously and need to go to bed. Now, if I can just pull Karl away from the Playstation 3....

No comments: