Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, January 24, 2010

They do grow up so fast

"They DO grow up so fast." these are the words that came out of Hailey's mouth last week. I forget what it was that Emma had done....maybe we were just talking about the fact that her 1st birthday is about 6 weeks away...that was the response we got from her and we just had to laugh. It starts early with us women...the love of babies and the realization that they don't stay small very long.

I've been watching Emma over the last several weeks, meeting developmental milestone after developmental milestone. She's learned how to crawl, she's realizing more and more who we all are, she's just today pulled up for the first time. I will never tire of watching my babies learn and grow, but in a way it makes me sad too. Those days are gone so quickly....I know they learn and grow all along, just in different ways, and I do still marvel at the different ways the older kids are developing too.

I have loved babies since the age of twelve. I can remember always being the one to help care for the infants in our church. If the pastor's wife had a baby, if anyone else in the church had a baby, I was there and ready to hold him or her the first time that mama needed help! This carried on into my adult years...even after I had my own babies. I volunteered in our church nursery, taught Sunday school, was a teacher's aid for my kids' preschool, and now I'm at home full time with my own kids. I just love kids, and mine specifically. Life is tough in many ways as a mom but there are so many blessings and I would never trade any of it...I love it, and I feel it's what I'm made to do. Obviously, I am not perfect and there are many areas in which I need to improve, but I truly feel it's my calling...to be a mom, raise my children up to follow God where He leads them...I'm so blessed with the family He has given me.

My babies are growing up. Emma will be 1 march 1st. I can't believe it!

No comments: